Monday, 20 October 2008

Bill Bailey, Man or hairy beast!

Bill Bailey in concert is one of the funniest gigs I've ever been to. If you ever get the chance see one of his gigs, please go.
Here's a wee sneaky taste of the kind of stuff he does.





5 comments:

Fe2O3 said...

That's right brilliant, that is!

Now I'm going to have to scan the BBC America channel for his specials. Although, I picked up some Eddie Izzard specials on BBCA and they had been hacked down immensely to fit within the allotted time. Still funny though, just not all of the relevant material in the show.

Funny stuff, that!

Sailor Matt said...

Heh, that was pretty good stuff. I laughed hard on the last one with the Cockney compilation. Reminds me of good ol' Wierd Al Yankovic Polka spoofs. Good times!

Captain Joe said...

Bill Bailey is king.

I'll always know him as Manny, however, as I first saw him in Black Books.

Now that was some quality comedy. You a fan, Marky? I can relate so much to a drunken Irish book shop owner. Bernard was (is) my all time favourite TV character. Followed closely by Barney in 'How I Met Your Mother'.

Tell a lie - I actually saw a skit with Bill Bailey years ago. He was doing the Doctor Who theme on a keyboard.

Quality - quality.

marky said...

Rusty, Big Bill might be funny; Izzard might spew some riotous lines, but the man who writes "It's a bit more like juggling with the left hand, performing a Highland Fling and attempting to saw a woman in half with the right hand all while doing a dramatic reading of Milton's 'Paradise Lost.'" deserves a Saturday night live TV spot.

Matt, Weird Al Yankovic is quality. I've liked him since he done a cover of MJ's bad. What a way to make your millions. Ripping the urine for a living. Wish I could get that job!

Joe, Black Books was a fantastic show. One of Channel 4's finest. Up there with Father Ted and Peep Show. Got to admit though, I've never managed to catch how I met your mother. Next time it's on I'll give it a watch. Cheers for the tip. I love me telly!

Fe2O3 said...

Thank'ee kindly, Sir Marky. Coming from the Chivalrous Shooer of Shite-bags that is high praise indeed.

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
I live in a Pigeon loft in Glasgow. I fight dogs for food and mug cows for drink. Monkeys live in my beard. I have lived for centuries under my bed and only came out when they invented peanut m&m's. I understand everything.

Tunes