Was just listening to Monty python at lunch. thought I'd share. Cracked me up!
Immanuel Kant was a real pissant
Who was very rarely stable
Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar Who could think you under the table
David Hume could out-consume Wilhelm Freidrich Hegel
And Wittgenstein was a beery swine Who was just as schloshed as Schlegel
There's nothing Nietzche couldn't teach ya'Bout the raising of the wrist
Socrates, himself, was permanently pissed
John Stuart Mill, of his own free will On half a pint of shandy was particularly ill
Plato, they say, could stick it away
Half a crate of whiskey every day
Aristotle, Aristotle was a bugger for the bottle
Hobbes was fond of his dram
And René Descartes was a drunken fart
I drink, therefore I am Yes, Socrates, himself, is particularly missed
A lovely little thinker
But a bugger when he's pissed
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
About Me
- marky
- I live in a Pigeon loft in Glasgow. I fight dogs for food and mug cows for drink. Monkeys live in my beard. I have lived for centuries under my bed and only came out when they invented peanut m&m's. I understand everything.

3 comments:
An excellent little ditty. I learned it from watching "Live at the Hollywood Bowl" way too often, but the lyric was slightly different:
"David Hume could out consume Schopenhauer and Hagel"
I guess they wanted to slip one more philosopher into the song.
Ah, the comic genius of Monty Python. I got to hear Graham Chapman speak at the University of Utah in 1987. It was one of the most memorable lectures from my college days. Not only did I get to hear from (and abuse) one of my comic idols, but the underlying message in his comic-lecture was "do everything you can imagine yourself doing." Just over two years later he was gone.
Any day with a bit o' Monty Python in it is a better day.
You are so right! They always cheer me up. I love Python. There just doesn’t seem to be many comedians nowadays, who approach there comedy with such zany intellect.
Fantastic that you got to abuse Chapman, and he left you with such a simple but meaningful message. A comedy genius. Gone but not forgotten.
“We are no longer the knights who say ni! We are now the knights who say ekki-ekki-ekki-pitang-zoom-boing!”
"Yes, it's spelled 'Luxury Yacht' but it's pronounced 'Throat-Warbler-Mangrove'"
Post a Comment