Monday, 20 October 2008

Thought for the day.

A Grandfather from the Cherokee Nation was talking with his grandson.

"A fight is going on inside me," he said to the boy.

"It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves."

"One wolf is evil and ugly: He is anger, envy, war, greed, self-pity, sorrow, regret, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, selfishness and arrogance."

"The other wolf is beautiful and good: He is friendly, joyful, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, justice, fairness, empathy, generosity, true, compassion, gratitude, and deep vision."

"This same fight is going on inside you, and inside every other human as well."

The grandson paused in deep reflection because of what his grandfather had just said. Then he finally cried out; "Oyee! Grandfather, which wolf will win?"

The elder Cherokee replied, "The wolf that you feed."

4 comments:

Captain Joe said...

Marky, I'm going to start considering you among the very wise.

marky said...

Thank you very much Joe. You may well be wrong, but thank you anyway!
What wolf are you feeding today?

Captain Joe said...

For the most part, my wolf is neutral today.

Ah! You're on the Abercrombie blog. Very soon, I shall have infiltrated the blog of every author online. Then it shall begin...

Dude, I got mobbed by a group of fifteen-to-seventeen year olds at a street party about a year back, and they totally grabbed my own broom and used it to smash up my car. I started the wild throwing punches technique, and it dispersed them fairly well. Although one punk burned me with a cigarette and ripped out my manly earring.

Is it just a stupid bloke thing when shit like this happens?

Anyways, I'll be making sure to feed my good wolf tomorrow (tomorrow is only an hour away here) - make a point of it.

marky said...

I shall have infiltrated the blog of every author online.

----------------------------------
I'm with ya. Not in a Xander is Dracula's butt monkey kind of way, but in a Kato from the Green Hornet way!
infiltrate! infiltrate!

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
I live in a Pigeon loft in Glasgow. I fight dogs for food and mug cows for drink. Monkeys live in my beard. I have lived for centuries under my bed and only came out when they invented peanut m&m's. I understand everything.

Tunes